Join us to shape a better future, contact Chapter Secretariat: Chantal Thysse email@example.com
This area captures an interesting mix of everything you will find in a big city as well as a small coastal vacation destination. This region has its own wine route, known as the Helderberg Wine Route, which incorporates more than 20 estates.
The Chamber's supports local area with development by providing support for:
1. Enterprise development - increasing awareness of opportunities for learning, development and links to expertise.
2. Networking events - enabling members to connect with new customers, suppliers, experts and decision-makers.
3. Business retention and expansion programmes - for firms to express their concerns about issues affecting business in the area, and to steer systematic improvement of their local business environment.
4. Participation in regional sector and value chain development programmes.
Useful City of Cape Town information relevant to the Helderberg Chapter:
- City of Cape Town Industrial survey – including key sector value chains and industrial precincts
- CoCT comparative advantage
- District Plans by city e.g zoning and service provision
- Municipal Spatial Development Framework review
Explore the city information about various detailed places in Cape Town through a GIS viewer. For instance suburb or property-specific information.
The City has produced a number of publications that focus on the industrial areas in Cape Town. The publications cover 26 industrial areas in the city and highlight key facts and figures on the locations, economic activity trends, business’ economic activity, as well as vacant land and buildings.
The Helderberg is a great destination in its own right, with great beaches and a village atmosphere wherever you go, and it is the perfect base from which to explore all of nearby Cape Town’s splendors.
This chapter has an active business hub, developing industrial areas as well as a fair amount of well-established businesses and it consists of the following areas:
Elgin, Gordons Bay, Grabouw, Firgrove, Macassar, Sir Lowry's Pass, Somerset West, Strand, Blackheath, Eersterivier, and Kuilsriver.
We host monthly business events to create a platform for businesses to connect and make valuable contributions.
Our aim is to grow the membership of this chapter in line with the Chamber Strategy. Please forward your business ideas, partnership proposals, concerns, and anything related to this chapter. Let us be part of the growth of the Western Cape’s economic development.