The Cape Chamber of Commerce & Industry is looking for a dynamic Events/Digital Manager.
The Chamber is a highly respected brand with a heritage that spans 215 years.
The successful applicant will have an exciting opportunity to lead a small team comprised of secretariat, event coordinators and digital specialists.
This is no ordinary leadership position – the Chamber serves over 2 000 businesses, and the staff in your department cover the full spectrum – from baby boomers to millennials. As such, you will need to be an exceptional communicator.
Not only will you be experienced in events and traditional marketing, but you will be up to date with the latest in digital strategy (Xero, HTML and database management shouldn’t scare you) and there must be very little about social media you don’t know.
The Chamber is a service organization and deadlines are part of the job.
You will travel frequently in the Peninsula, so you are required to have a reliable vehicle.
You will report to the Executive Director.
Duties include the following:
• Oversee the operation of the department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
• To ensure that the Events Business Unit is profitable.
• To manage all the digital collateral for the organization, from the website to database administration to social media.
• To represent the Chamber at conferences and functions, many after-hours, where you may be required to deliver a speech.
• Ensure that the secretariat support the various regional volunteer committees.
• Set annual budgets and forecasts.
• To generate sponsorship for events.
• Monitor and supervise the numerous events and training sessions held throughout the year in the various regions.
• Personally manage the major events of the Chamber, such as expos, gala events and summits.
• Provide budgets for all major events.
• Liaise with other disciplines within the Chamber, and work together in synergy with the Chamber team.
• To always be pushing the envelope with new ideas, so that the Chamber remains innovative, contemporary and exceptional value for money.
• To perform regular performance appraisals for your team.
• To prepare monthly status reports for senior management.
• Ensure familiarity with, and adherence, to the policies and schedules of authority.
• To always be an ambassador for the brand.
The Chamber adheres to an Employment Equity policy to facilitate fair representation in the region.
Send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 5th June 2019.
Should you receive no reply by 1st August, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Wishing you the very best of luck.