This workshop introduces a more practical approach to VAT and its components so that the calculation, subsequent submissions and payments to SARS are accurate.
You will gain a basic understanding of how VAT works in a practical environment and how it should be applied.
The following topics will be covered during the course:
• Registration – How to register for VAT.
• VAT Categories – Under which category do you fall?
• How to fill in a VAT return. (VAT201)
• Input VAT – What you can and cannot claim.
• Output VAT – What you’re supposed to charge.
• Invoices – What your invoice should look like.
• E-Invoices – Electronic Documents.
• Head Office and Branch Transactions.
• Bad Debt.
• Change in Use.
• VAT Adjustments.
• Travel Expenses.
• Expense Reimbursements.
What makes this workshop unique is that practical examples will be looked at, and the facilitator will assist everyone with the calculation of the examples. Please remember to bring your calculator.
Certificate for six CPD hours issued on completion of course.
Event organiser: Chantal Thysse – email@example.com
Speaker: Ruzel van Jaarsveld, Biz Facility