Every PA wants to be the power house behind the person that needs to shine in the limelight – the Boss.
Yet, relationships are often strained due to a lack of communication and not having a clear understanding of each one’s role. As with any relationship, trust is of the essence.
By popular demand, this open discussion workshop has been created to cement the relationship between these key players to forge a solid way forward and secure business relationships.
Introducing the Role and Position
• The role of the Personal Assistant is business today
• Responsibilities and confidentiality
• Personal presentation
• Evolution of the Personal Assistant
• Bosses’ expectations
• PA’s expectations
Procedural and Communication Skills
• Procedural skills relating to time diary management
• Procedural skills relating to networking events, board meetings & international delegations
• Procedural skills and etiquette relating to written communication
• Procedural skills relating to dress code expectations
• Discussion around professionalism and confidentiality
• Procedural skills relating to conference calls, role in meetings, etc.
• Efficient ways of handling difficult conversations
• Expectations when preparing business reports
• Expectations and ways of taking efficient minutes
• Importance of maintaining a positive attitude and be solution thinkers
• Expectations when dealing with clients professionally, diplomatically and cross culturally
• Ability to cope with stress and pressure
• Networking skills
• Dealing effectively with people (receiving visitors on behalf of management)
• Minute Taking
• Planning and project managing
• Communication skills – structure of correspondence (email/letters/faxes)
• PowerPoint presentations
• Writing for meetings – notices, agendas and minutes
• Telephone skills
Event organiser: Helga Smit – email@example.com
Speaker: Lionel Bourgeois – VETTA Internationale