The Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the largest, independent business organisation in the Western Cape. It provides support and services to its membership which comprises a wide spectrum of small, medium and large businesses in the Province.
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING VACANCY:
The incumbent will be responsible for member acquisition & retention as well as obtaining sponsorships.
This is a full-time position, and flexibility is required in terms of attending after hour activities.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the sales and membership departments comprised of one full-time salesperson, one freelance salesperson and a membership administrator.
• Meet personal and department sales targets.
• Find sponsorship for Chamber events.
• Optimise the onboarding of new members.
• Reduce the attrition rate of members.
• Reinforce the relationship with existing members.
• Present on behalf of the Chamber at events.
• Provide an annual strategy for the department.
• Devise ad hoc marketing strategies.
• Attend external stakeholder engagements on behalf of the Chamber.
QUALIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum requirement is a tertiary qualification in a related field.
• Have at least 3 years’ experience in management, servicing a large member base.
• The incumbent must be able to work independently, show initiative, logical reasoning ability, have attention to detail and be creative.
• The ability to conceptualise and construct strategic documents.
• Exceptional presentation and speaking skills.
• The ability to communicate and disseminate strategic information clearly and timeously.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to interact and communicate with people at all levels.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and see projects through from A-Z.
• Valid code B driver’s license and access to private transport is essential.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE CRITERIA ARE INVITED TO APPLY
Closing Date: 23 June 2017
Please note that the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry has an Employment Equity policy in place. If you do not hear from us by 30 June 2017, consider your application unsuccessful.
Submit (1) an application letter and (2) a recent CV (3) indicating your current salary and/or salary expectations and forward to: Narieman Solomon, Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry, PO Box 204, Cape Town, 8000, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org