2015 9th Annual IWEC Awards Conference 15 – 18 November 2015
The International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge was established in Barcelona in 2007, with the goal of connecting small & mid-size women business owners globally – those who are already in the global marketplace & want to expand, or are ripe to get into the market and learn from other women leaders. Also the goal is to “pay it forward” with the IWEC awardees emphasizing their own CSR programs be in mentoring, board participation, community outreach and support, etc. The Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Chambers of Commerce in India/FLO and Manhattan Chamber of Commerce originated this initiative and were quickly joined by The US State Department and Cape Chamber of Commerce. Each year a new country is added to the roster and currently we have representation from: Barcelona, NYC/US, India, Sweden, Peru, Central Asian countries, Turkey, South Africa and other African countries. In addition, four women’s business associations are engaged with IWEC and also nominate one awardee: Women Presidents Organization, WeConnect International, Taiwan Women’s Entrepreneurs Association and United Success.
The location of 2015 Annual IWEC Conference will be hosted by the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, Istanbul, Turkey November 15-18, 2015.
Three awardees are chosen by the individual chambers and, along with chamber executives, they are invited to participate in the annual conference to receive their award and to network and share best practices. Conferences to date have been held in Barcelona, NYC, New Delhi India, Cape Town South Africa, Lima Peru and Stockholm Sweden.
The Awards Criteria:
- Must be a woman-owned, for-profit business and must be actively involved in importing or exporting goods or services or be a successful company ready to begin global business
- Business must be 51% owned by a woman (or if handed down through a family, a woman must be the president, CEO or managing director for at least three years) actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business
- Business must be a for-profit entity in services or manufacturing (excluding performing arts)
- Business must be in existence at least three years
- Business must have a minimum annual revenue equivalent to US $1.5 million
- Agrees to be involved with IWEC as a past awardee for two years (supporting, attending conferences,)
- Company must be run ethically that express our values and standards that guide our conduct – must exhibit a commitment to honesty, fairness, objectivity and responsibility.
- Must be able to attend the annual conference
- Must be a member of the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry
IWEC 2015 Conference:
For more information see here
The 9th IWEC Conference at our Chamber will receive Turkish and international business people, academics, public and non-governmental organizations, in order to discuss the theme will all aspects with different perspectives. During the Conference, most successful female entrepreneurs will be landing their IWEC Awards, so will they step into the IWEC Network as well.
With participation of 150 female entrepreneurs from 35 countries, 40 Awardees from different countries the opportunity to internationalize their businesses and this year’s theme will be accordingly; ‘Connecting Women Businesses Globally: Driving Growth Through Women’s Economic Participation’.