- 14th August 2018
09:00 - 15:30
This workshop introduces a more practical approach to VAT and its components so that the calculation, subsequent submissions and payments to SARS are done accurately.
You will gain a basic understanding of how “VAT” works in a practical environment and how it should be applied.
The following topics will be covered during the course:
• Registration – How to register for VAT?
• VAT Categories – Under which category do you fall?
• How to fill in a VAT return. (VAT201)
• Input VAT – What you can and cannot claim.
• Output VAT – What you’re supposed to charge.
• Invoices – What your invoice should look like.
• E-Invoices – Electronic Documents.
• Head Office and Branch Transactions.
• Bad Debt.
• Change in Use.
• VAT Adjustments.
• Travel Expenses.
• Expense Reimbursements.
What makes this workshop so unique is that practical examples will be looked at, and the facilitator will assist all delegates with the calculation of the examples. Please remember to bring your calculator.
This workshop counts for 6 CPD points.
Event organiser: Chantal van Schalkwyk on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker profile: Ruzel van Jaarsveld, BizFacility
Venue: Bell Rosen Conference Centre