- 21st September 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Talking on the telephone makes some people uncomfortable. This is made worse if they’re using the phone for business purposes. A key to overcoming this discomfort is training on how to handle others telephonically. Developing these necessary skills helps with client relations, business cold-calling scenarios and general phone etiquette.
This practical workshop will focus on business standards to improve company image, enhance customer service and ultimately boost profiles.
• Understanding the importance of telephone and email communication
• Creating the right impression telephonically and in correspondence
• Time managing with calls and emails
• Procedures in answering the telephone efficiently and effectively
• Procedures and etiquette when corresponding via email
• Dealing with conflict and difficult situations
• Building relationships
• Learning to deal with a variety of character profiles
• General business etiquette
Reasons for Telephone Skills
• Retain customers
• Gain new customers
• Exceed expectations
• Avoid repeat calls – be cost conscious and respectful
• Create a positive atmosphere
• Leave a lasting impression
• Diffuse anger
• Cut through confusion
• Show respect towards the tool that is responsible for generating business
• Why not to perceive the telephone as an interruption
• Managing calls and emails through good time management
• Ways to adopt a good in-house telephone and email policy
• Procedures in answering or making calls
• Vocal tone, pitch, intonation, enthusiasm, promptness in response.
• Speaking with positive intent and professionalism
• Active listening, positive assertiveness and feedback
• Etiquette and procedures with cellular telephones
• Email correspondence – presentation, grammar, spelling, concise and accurate
• Formality vs. informality
• Taking control of the call and staying focused
• Dealing with a variety callers and characters profiles
• Adopting a “once company one image” approach
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management.
Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce.
His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: