- 19th October 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Increasing productivity, improving employee performance and reducing costs are a company’s top strategic priority yet few achieve this objective.
Why is performance management so difficult if it is so important?
The foundation of effective performance management is human interaction which typically occurs with frontline supervisors and middle management.
This practical workshop will assist these managers to monitor performance more successfully.
• Understanding the importance and need for Performance Management
• Communicating effectively with the team
• Management strategies to get the best out of the team
• Dealing with difficult team members
• Setting realistic performance goals
• Conducting performance appraisals
• Dealing with problems constructively
• Setting boundaries
The Soft Skill of Working with Teams
• Building strong mutually beneficial relationships with their people and teams
• Using management strategies that are unique to each individual
• Have respectful coaching conversations that produce quantifiable results
• Develop and use their people’s strengths and internal motivation
• Giving effective feedback
• Dealing with difficult people
Performance Management Tools
• Performance planning and performance goal setting
• Defining and collecting objective performance data
• Periodic performance appraisals
• Writing effective performance reviews
• Creating effective performance management systems to motivate performance
• Dealing with issues as they arise and avoiding escalating problems
• Setting effective boundaries
• What to do when the goal posts change
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management. Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce.
His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: