- 17th October 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Diversity makes a business effective by capitalising on the strengths of every employee.
In today’s diverse work environment, understanding each other’s differences, motivations and customs is important to developing strong working relationships.
Diversity infuses richness and nurtures strength in the workplace, focusing on respect for all human differences.
Diversity is valued for bringing a balance in perspective, talent, skills and communication in the workplace.
• Understanding Diversity
– What is diversity?
– Am I diverse?
– Do I think diverse?
– What do I assume?
– Does diversity matter?
– Common barriers
• Cultural Influences in South Africa
– Communal or group culture
– Western and individualistic culture
– Stereotypes, culture and you
• Effective Communication
– Appreciation vs. Judgment
– Developing and maintaining trust
– Sharing feelings verbally
– Interpreting non-verbal messages
– Verbal road-blocks to communication
– Tolerance and acceptance
– Impact and influence
– Giving and receiving feedback/criticism
– How do you relate to others, fit in and communicate?
– Team communication patterns
• Personal development
– Building self-esteem
– Ethics you live by
– Establishing your own and your employer’s expectations
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management. Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce. His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: