- 4th April 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Operations management is a field that can, at times, be misunderstood because of its multidisciplinary nature.
What is operations management and what makes a good operations manager?
There are two terms that can help answer the question of what is operations management precisely: supply chain management and logistics.
Operations management is an area of management concerned with designing and controlling the process of production and redesigning business operations – in the production of goods or services.
Develop an Operational Strategy for a Unit
• Examine the Strategic Plan of the Organisation
• Develop Operational Strategies
• Align the Operational Strategy
• Develop Goals, Objectives and Performance Standards
• Involve Stakeholders to obtain the commitment
Develop an Operational Plan for a Unit
• Elements of an Operational / Business Plan
• Techniques for identifying strengths and weaknesses
• The situation Analysis – SWOT
• The PEST Analysis
Implement an Operational Plan
• Approaches to and tools for implementing actions
• Use available resources optimally
• Encourage the use of control measures
Monitor, Measure and Evaluate the achievement of Goals and Objectives
• Monitor the performance of the unit
• Conduct performance reviews of team members
• Implement recommendations on corrective action
• Evaluate results
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
The BDCE team comprises competent and professional practitioners with extensive experience in Organisational Development and Human Capital Development.
They work closely with their clients to ensure an outcome-based approach.
Their training programmes have been implemented successfully to a wide variety of clients in numerous industries.
BDCE’s approach is based on adult education principles.
Their training is characterised by interaction and participation as opposed to traditional theoretical courses.
They customise their programmes to meet their clients’ specific training needs.
They provide workshops as well as accredited training through competent facilitators and their QMS included accredited assessors and moderators.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: