- 22nd February 2018
08:30 - 15:45
“Mentoring is an interpersonal relationship where organisational memory and wisdom is transferred.”
The critical stakeholders in a mentoring programme are the mentors and mentees. Yet, most often, they are not trained in mentoring skills.
The “My Mentor” workshop introduces senior and technical experts to the world of “unlockable potential”, which is embodied in effective and sustainable mentoring initiatives.
Being an effective Mentor is now globally recognised as one of the most sought after “executive capabilities“.
Why should a busy manager spend time mentoring?
There are many different objectives that mentoring programmes can be used for:
– To learn to leverage diversity.
– To accelerate the learning of newly-recruited graduates.
– To support learnerships.
– To accelerate development of high-potential managers in the succession plan.
– To drive empowerment, diversity and transformation.
– To improve performance and productivity.
– To attract, develop, motivate and retain top talent.
– Understand the General Case and the Case for Structured Mentoring.
– Understand the Talent Management Life Cycle.
– Select the Key Benefits and Applications of Mentoring.
– Nurture the key Manager, Mentor, Mentee Relationships.
– Utilise appropriate Selection and Pairing practices.
– Identify the key Attributes and Responsibilities of the Mentor and Mentee.
– Use a simple but effective Code of Conduct between Mentor and Mentee.
Speaker profile: Margaux Reitsma, Uluma HR
Uluma HR is a Personal, Leadership Development, Mentoring and Skills Training service provider (not accredited as a service provider). The main focus is on improving both individual and corporate performances through personal and professional skills development and increasing productivity.
The firm is owned by Margaux Reitsma who has a B.Com in Industrial Psychology from Rand Afrikaans University and is also an accredited and registered assessor. Uluma HR has received ‘Recorded Provider” status with the Services SETA for the training offered
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: