- 9th March 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Valuable time is spent in meetings and preparing minutes, however, minute takers struggle with tenses, grammar, flow of text, interpretation and paraphrasing.
This practical workshop ensures that participants acquire the skill to accurately condense information by focusing on objections made, decisions taken and promptly compiling a course of action list to fast track action.
By the end of this course, you will have learned the following:
• Types of minutes
• The minute taker’s role
• Notice meetings and agendas
• Procedures in taking minutes
• Objections, decisions and course action
• Speed writing
• Grammar, spelling and tenses
• Course of action list
• Distribution of minutes
Who should attend this course?
Suitable for all administration staff, secretaries and personal assistants.
Introducing the subject
• Why are correct minutes important and binding
• The role of the minute taker
• Types of minutes
Minute taking techniques
• Procedures leading up a meeting
• Compiling a notice of meeting and the rules that govern this notice
• Compiling an agenda
• Formatting and importance of a correct agenda
• The agenda is an invitation – entice people to attend the meeting
• Agenda and time frames
• Minute taking
• Methods and simple tips of taking minutes
• Styles in speedwriting
• Effective listening skills
• Focus on objections and decisions
• Differentiate between important and not important information
• Time frames and preparing of minutes
• Addressing minutes
• Drafting of minutes/email/hardcopy signing and filing
• Tenses and grammar
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management.
Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication some 12 years ago to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce.
His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: