- 21st November 2018
10:00 - 12:00
The Transport and Transport Infrastructure Portfolio Committee will be hosting a meeting with Mr Richard Walker – Western Cape Regional Manager of PRASA.
The purpose of the engagement is to inform and interact with Western Cape business on Metrorail’s current operational status and provide an update of new developments / improvements. Metrorail’s service has a severe impact on our local / regional economy, if workers are unable to get to and from work. This in turn, also overburdens our road network, leading to further congestion.
Matters to be addressed:
- Safety and security of commuters;
- Current status of rolling stock and infrastructure;
- Continued arson damage to trains and rail infrastructure;
- Vandalism and theft of infrastructure;
- The status of the Rail Enforcement Unit; and
- What commuters, business and the public can expect in 2019
We welcome the attendance and engagement of business, the transport sector and stakeholders.
Secretariat: Carmen Ellman on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: