- 25th May 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Effective managing is the art of getting the job done while effectively delegating through the people employed to manage teams.
A breakdown in either one of these areas can trigger a negative chain reaction with disastrous results.
Management is a complex balancing act and most managers wear several hats simultaneously operating as sales person, coach, disciplinarian, referee and an assortment of other roles.
Today’s companies require strong leadership for survival.
• Understanding management
• Organisational concept of management
• Authority and line of control within a hierarchy
• Human relations and recruitment
• Time management
• Conflict management and problem solving
• Why change is necessary
Management and the Organisation
• Understand management
• Management process
• Management objectives
• Organisational chart
Management Functions and Roles
• Building a successful team
• Effective delegation
• Time management
• Decision making and problem solving
• Enforcing performance standards
• Strategic Planning
• Facilitating change
• Negotiating skills
• Conflict management
• Conducting effective meetings
• Drives for change
• Understanding team dynamics and character profiles
• Team development and rotations
• Building team relationships
• Taking ownership and responsibility
• Taking necessary corrective action
• Following disciplinary procedures
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management.
Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication some 12 years ago to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce.
His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: