- 3rd October 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Explain the effect of shrinkage and losses
• Shrinkage and losses are explained in relation to the profits of the organisation and their impact on employees.
• Ways in which shrinkage and losses occur are explained as applicable to the designated area of responsibility.
• The effect of shrinkage and losses on the organization and employees is explained to members of the team simply ensuring full understanding by all concerned
Implement action to minimise losses in identified areas
• Shrinkage and loss prevention techniques are explained as applicable to the designated area of responsibility and the organisation.
• Shrinkage and loss prevention measures are implemented according to the policies and procedures of the organisation.
• Non adherence to loss prevention measures are identified and appropriate action taken as per the policies and procedures of the organisation
Implement measure to reduce shoplifting
• Methods for identifying potential shoplifters are explained.
• Methods to prevent shoplifting are communicated to the team as per the organisations policies and procedures.
• Measures to keep suspects under surveillance are implemented according to the organisation’s policies and procedures.
• The policy and procedures for the apprehension of suspected shoplifters is explained as it applies to the organisation
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email@example.com
The BDCE team comprises competent and professional practitioners with extensive experience in Organisational Development and Human Capital Development.
They work closely with their clients to ensure an outcome-based approach.
Their training programmes have been implemented successfully to a wide variety of clients in numerous industries.
BDCE’s approach is based on adult education principles.
Their training is characterised by interaction and participation as opposed to traditional theoretical courses.
They customise their programmes to meet their clients’ specific training needs.
They provide workshops as well as accredited training through competent facilitators and their QMS included accredited assessors and moderators.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: