- 19th June 2018
08:30 - 15:45
This workshop is designed to provide a strong foundation in understanding the principles and skills of good leadership; how to apply influencing techniques and how to communicate effectively when delegating tasks. Completion of this training will provide team leaders with skills on building relationships together with effective strategies for “getting the job done” through others.
• Understand the difference between management and leadership
• Approaches to leadership
• Types of leaders
• Building relationships
• Why leaders influence
• Process of delegation
• Why delegate?
• Model of delegation
Introducing the role of leadership
• Understanding the relationship between leadership and influence
• Understand the main approaches to leadership
– Traits perspective
– Behavioural perspective
– Leadership styles
– Charismatic leadership
• Understand how to build relationships
• Appreciate different methods and zones of influence
• The effective use of influencing tactics
The process of delegation
• Why delegate?
• Accountability vs. responsibility
• Delegation vs. instruction
• Ways to delegate
• Key points when delegating
• Who to delegate to
• Evaluating delegation
• Common problems found when delegating
• Model for effective delegation
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
Speaker profile: Vetta Communication
VETTA Communication (Pty) Ltd is not just a training company. VETTA is a dynamic company that services specific training and development needs of small, medium and large businesses – from a wide selection of leading-edge courses and products with a strong focus on experiential value, sustainability and return-on-investment.
Offering over 60 essential courses (accredited and non-accredited) for more than 18 years, VETTA is in the business of maximising and sustaining the value of human resources.
VETTA workshops are all about ensuring lasting solutions.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: