- 18th June 2019
08:30 - 15:45
The receptionist is the “window of the company” and has one chance at creating the right impression in person, over the telephone or via e-mail.
This workshop will enable participants to increase their effectiveness in:
• projecting a professional image
• relationship building
• information exchange
• active listening
• complaints handling
• generating greater customer satisfaction and
• loyalty through maintaining a positive attitude
• Appreciation of significance to the company
• Increase motivation and encouragement
• Motivation to achieve excellent results consistently
• Tools to aid in performance of duties as receptionists
• Telephone techniques
• Email techniques
• Effective communication skills
• Importance of taking ownership and responsibility
• General business etiquette
• Analyse how we are perceived when we communicate
• What contributes to positive speech and body language behaviours
• Benefits of asking the right questions to provide good customer service
• Develop listening skills and consider listening barriers
• Identify behaviours to develop and build rapport
Telephone Techniques and Email Communication
• Telephone procedures: promptness in answering calls, vocal tone, proactive questioning
• Call screening, message taking and dealing with busy boards
• Effective methods of balancing courtesy and assertiveness
• Email correspondence – tips & techniques
• Understand the importance of meeting (and exceeding) customer expectations
• Identify the “impression points” of the business and how to enhance them
• Techniques in handling customer complaints or anger to ensure a positive outcome
• Recognise what is required for the perception of service excellence
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
Speaker profile: VETTA Internationale
No refunds for cancellations or no shows within 48 hours of the event.
Don't want to book online? Call us on 021 402 4300.
Member tickets are for paid-up members of the Chamber, and not just registered users of the website.
The Chamber reserves the Right of Admission.
|Members||R1,110.00 (ZAR)*||Sold Out|
|Non-members||R1,715.00 (ZAR)*||Sold Out|
* price includes taxes
Please note that ticket prices include VAT.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: