- 19th July 2018
08:30 - 15:45
The supervisor’s role is to meet management’s demands on one end and the colleagues, customers and union demands on the other.
This practical workshop focuses on the necessity to empower teams through delegation and to communicate effectively through motivation, problem solving an conflict management skills. Successful teams reflect successful leaders.
• The role, function and cross point position of the supervisor
• Types of leadership
• The delegation process
• Problem solving
• Team communication
• Team dynamics and character profiles
• Conflict management
• Dealing with corrective measures
• Staying motivated and ahead of the game
Introducing the role
• Understanding the role and function of the supervisor
• The purpose of supervision
• The process of leadership
• Recognising types and styles of leadership
• The process of delegation
• Effective problem solving
• Working to company standards
• Initiative and the ability to make decisions
• Conducting frequent and effective team meetings
• Active listening, assertiveness an constant feedback
• Managing conflict
• Dealing with criticism and isolation
• Dealing with staff complexities and diversity
• Problem solving
• Meeting customer expectations
• Running effective meetings
• Motivating teams
• Understanding team dynamics and character profiles
• Team development and rotations
• Building team relationships
• Taking ownership and responsibility
• Taking necessary corrective action
• Following disciplinary procedures
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker profile: VETTA Communication
No refunds for cancellations or no shows within 48 hours of the event.
Don't want to book online? Call us on 021 402 4300.
Member tickets are for paid-up members of the Chamber, and not just registered users of the website.
The Chamber reserves the Right of Admission.
|Members||R1,110.00 (ZAR)*||Sold Out|
|Non-members||R1,715.00 (ZAR)*||Sold Out|
* price includes taxes
Please note that ticket prices include VAT.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: