- 28th March 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Some people seem to have all the success when it comes to money and others just can’t seem to ever earn enough.
Money is everywhere and so much part of our lives, yet can be so baffling to many of us.
This workshop aims to take the mystery out of money, to help you understand money, make smart decisions around your money, make it work hard for you and let you leave with your own plan of action in place.
• What is money
• Your money personality
• The road to rich – setting goals
• Distractions along the way
– The spending fenzy
– Wants vs needs
– The dept trap
– Supporting parents/children
• Planning for old age
– Issues affecting us in retirement
– Mistakes we make in our planning
• Getting into the driving seat of your finances
– Your net worth and how to build wealth
– Creating your designer life
– Balancing today with tomorrow
– Budgeting and clever spending
– Role of financial planning
– Protecting your wealth
• Investing for success
– Understanding the levers that make money – investment principles
– Different places to invest
– DIY investor or get advice?
• YOUR plan going forward
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sylvia Walker has been in the financial services industry for over 25 years and is passionate about educating and empowering people around their money. She worked as a marketing manager at Old Mutual for many years, after graduating from UCT with a B Bus Science degree in the late 1980’s.
During that time, she also authored and co-authored a number of books. At the of 2014 she left the corporate world, to focus on her passion. She conducts workshops on various financial issues, writes articles, does some freelance writing for selected clients and provides financial planning services as part of Profin, a franchise of Old Mutual.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: