- 25th April 2017
08:30 - 15:45
The receptionist is the “window of the company” and has one chance at creating the right impressions in person, over the telephone or via e-mail.
This workshop will enable participants to increase their effectiveness in projecting a professional image, relationship building, information exchange, active listening, complaints handling and generating greater customer satisfaction and loyalty through maintaining a positive attitude.
• Appreciation of significance to the company
• Awareness of importance of a good first impression
• Increase motivation and encouragement
• Motivation to achieve excellent results consistently
• Tools to aid in performance of duties as receptionists
• Telephone techniques
• Email techniques
• Effective Communication skills
• Importance of taking ownership and responsibility
• General business etiquette
Image and Presentation – the Company’s and Yours
• Promote efficiency and professionalism
• Understand the role, function and requirements at the front desk
• Appreciation of your significance to the company
• Increase confidence and self-esteem
• Analyse how we are perceived when we communicate
• What contributes to positive speech and body language behaviours
• Benefits of asking the right questions to provide good customer service
• Develop listening skills and consider listening barriers
• Identify behaviours to develop and build rapport
Telephone Techniques and Email Communication
• Telephone procedures: promptness in answering calls, voice tone, proactive questioning
• Call screening, message taking and dealing with busy boards
• Effective methods of balancing courtesy and assertiveness
• Email correspondence – tips & techniques
• Understand the importance of meeting (and exceeding) customer expectations
• Identify the “impression points” of the business and how to enhance them
• Techniques in handling complaints
• Recognise what is required for the perception of service excellence
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lionel Bourgeois, from Vetta Communication, has a wealth of knowledge in the fields of sales, customer service and management.
Head hunted many times for his professionalism and ability to contribute meaningfully to careers in travel, technology, furniture and construction, he launched into opening VETTA Communication some 12 years ago to coach, mentor and train today’s complex workforce.
His mission is to offer all South Africans a clearer understanding of their positions, the need for growth and hope for a bright future.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: