- 19th March 2018
09:00 - 12:00
Starting and growing a business will often require borrowed money. This is (after developing a customer base) often the most challenging task facing the entrepreneur.
You are likely to be more successful if you:
– Understand what lenders are thinking – and why.
– Assess yourself against the lender’s criteria for lending – the rules of the game.
– Work with others – learning from each other’s experiences.
– Have a network of useful people who can help you to access customers and suppliers and learn how to run a successful business.
In 3 hours you will have the opportunity to:
– Assessing and matching your business against the lender’s criteria.
– Start developing a strategy to become more “BankAble”.
– Building your network and enhancing your networking skills.
Event organiser: Chantal Van Schalkwyk on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
Speaker bio: Ian Clark – Business Education Design
Ian Clark has 43 years of experience in designing and managing entrepreneurial and funding programmes. This includes:
– 15 years as the Director of the Wits Centre for Developing Businesses which played a leadership role in enterprise development.
– Consulted to a major SA commercial bank from 1983 to 1998 on viability based lending that did not increase cost or risks.
– Consulted for many years to organisations such as SAB, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA and the Development Bank of SA.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: