- 4th May 2017
08:30 - 15:45
Leadership means different things to different people around the world as well as different things in different situations. It could relate to community leadership, religious leadership, political leadership and leadership of campaigning groups.
An effective leader is a person who does the following:
1. Creates an inspiring vision of the future.
2. Motivates and inspires people to engage with that vision.
3. Manages delivery of the vision.
4. Coaches and builds a team, so that it is more effective at achieving the vision.
Leadership brings together the skills needed to do these things.
The concepts of leadership
• Definition of leadership
• Examples of South African leaders
• Roles and qualities of leaders
The difference between leadership and management
• Leadership vs Management
Apply leadership techniques to individuals and teams
• Leadership theories
• Leadership styles
• Leadership techniques
Evaluate the impact of leadership techniques applied
• Measure the impact of leadership techniques
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the techniques
• Take corrective action to improve effectiveness of the individual/team
Event organiser: Helga Smit on 021 402 4300 or email email@example.com
The BDCE team comprises competent and professional practitioners with extensive experience in Organisational Development and Human Capital Development.
They work closely with their clients to ensure an outcome-based approach.
Their training programmes have been implemented successfully to a wide variety of clients in numerous industries.
BDCE’s approach is based on adult education principles.
Their training is characterised by interaction and participation as opposed to traditional theoretical courses.
They customise their programmes to meet their clients’ specific training needs.
They provide workshops as well as accredited training through competent facilitators and their QMS includes accredited assessors and moderators.
Venue: Cape Chamber of Commerce
Venue Phone: 0214024300Address: