International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC)
Applications for the 2018 International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC) are now open.
The International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge was established in Barcelona in 2007, with the goal of connecting small & mid-size women business owners globally – those who are already in the global marketplace and want to expand or those who are ripe to get into the market and learn from other women leaders. An important aspect of IWEC awardees is their commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility programs in mentoring, board participation, community outreach and sustainability.
There are three Awardees nominated by the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry annually.
- The entry criteria are – Must be a woman-owned, for-profit business and must be actively involved in importing or exporting goods or services or be a successful company ready to begin global business.
- Applicant must be a majority stakeholder of the company (or if handed down through a family, a woman must be the president, CEO or managing director for at least three years), actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business.
- Business must be a for-profit entity in services or manufacturing (excluding performing arts).
- Business must be in existence for at least three years.
- Business must have a minimum annual revenue equivalent to US $1.5 million.
For further information, please click here